Hi everybody. Sorry it has been so long since I have updated. Things have been nuts since we moved.
The Seretonin Syndrome resolved but I started having some horrible withdrawal from stopping the Paxil cold turkey. We were in SC and thankfully a physician friend told me to start 20mg of the Paxil again and gave me some Ativan to help with the horrible nightmares I was having. I have come down on the Trazadone now and things seem to be working rather well. I am about to wean off of the Ativan and then hopefully just be on a low dose of the trazadone and the Paxil.
Depression-wise things are going pretty well. There are days that I begin to really struggle but God has been faithful to give me strength and pull me through when I feel like I am headed downhill. I am in the process of finding a therapist and need one soon. :) The downhill times don't last nearly as long as they used to which helps me realize that the depression is at least mostly controlled as far as is possible with medication and I just need to get the therapy part going again. I am also approaching the end of the postpartum period so I am hoping that maybe means things will ease up a little. Then again, I say all of this but what do I really know. :)
We were in SC for a couple of weeks then finally moved to MI b/c Aaron had to start his residency. We are still not in our house. The continual holdups are SO frustrating. We were supposed to be in the house weeks ago. Our mortgage lender hadn't done a loan like our's in 2-3 yrs and didn't bother to look and see what had changed about it. Therefore, we keep running into things that he doesn't know about - he will tell us everything is ready and then there will be another thing that takes days or weeks to complete. It is absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully he is a decent enough guy to be putting us up in an extended stay place but it is very hard living here. Of course the kitchen supplies are pretty limited and there is simply NOT enough room in a one bedroom w/ a loft as the second bedroom for four people and two big dogs. It is miserable. But, we are trying to be thankful and keep our sanity. I almost lost my sanity today but Aaron let me have some time out on my own tonight to try and recoup. He just finished up a 30 hr shift (on call Friday night) and was gone practically all day Thursday so I was going on close to three days just me and the kids. I kept getting out of the "apt" so we wouldn't go nuts in the apt but it still wore me out. Last night it took me 3 hrs to get Isaiah to finally go to sleep. Then of course he was awake at the crack of dawn waking me up and getting in bed with me. I was so tired by the time Aaron got home I thought I might go nuts. It wouldn't have been a bad few days at all if we had a house we were living in - then the kids could take good naps in their own rooms, I could have a little space, and Isaiah would go to sleep at night in his room. But, as it is right now, that isn't happening. And it isn't looking good to happen really soon either. Of course now it is a holiday so things won't even get started back on our house until Tuesday. But, I think I am going to go to our mortgage lender's office on Tuesday and speak to him face to face. This over the phone stuff doesn't cut it sometimes.
So, there is the update. Please keep us in your prayers as this time is extremely stressful for all of us. Pray that if this house is meant to be our's, we will close asap - next week would be wonderful. :)
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey I know I'm banned and whatnot, you aren't my friend, but I do still love you bunches and think about you often, and pray for you everyday.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I wanted you to know that you should not be discouraged because you had to restart meds. I went thru that. The whole "God healed me" and then you are stuck sticking pills down your throat.
But what I want you to know is that God gave some guy the wisdom to create a pill to combat Satan's attack.
The number one thing that is our adversary is pride.
Thank you Jess!! Thanks for being so encouraging. One thing you were WRONG about - I AM still your friend. :) Just have to take some time for healing. My own issues were getting rough. I love you too. I think about you very often. And I am praying for you. Thank you again for encouraging me!
ReplyDeleteThat is good to hear. I'm doing much better over here on all fronts for now. I just remembered how sick I let myself get believing God healed me. I let my version of God define His handling of me if that makes sense. I realize now that God's presence is not always in the healing moments, but in those moments where He provides grace and strength to get thru.
ReplyDelete