Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dairy Free = Hungry

Okay, so not necessarily ALWAYS hungry. But, when you haven't done your dairy free grocery shopping yet and there is little in your house that is completely dairy free, you get pretty stinking hungry. I have basically lived on fruit, peanut butter and McDonald's sweet tea for two days. I finally got a chance tonight to go grab a few things at EarthFare. My friend Brittany went with me and helped me out (she has done this before). Brittany also clued me in that there is a Health Barn around here with all the same things but a lot cheaper so I will be heading there within the next few days. But, for now I got some snacky stuff and some bread that I can eat as well as some Almond milk for cereal - we'll see how that goes. :)
Ania had a little bit of a rough night last night - woke up a few times fussing - her passy soothed her thankfully. Then today was not bad but not a good as the last few. She wanted to be held more and just didn't seem to feel as well. But, still no fevers. She hasn't pooped in a couple of days so her tummy may just be hurting some. She is looking like she is gaining some weight in her face and arms so I think we are doing okay. I am just so paranoid.
We were all getting some cabin fever and I was starving so we headed for McDonalds this evening. I found out I can eat a quarter pounder without cheese of course from McD. and fries from a few places including BK. So, I went through BK drive thru to get fries and then we headed to McD. Aaron met us there for dinner before he was off to another meeting so it was nice to see him for a little bit. We (me and the kids) stayed at McD. for probably 2 1/2 hrs! Isaiah was having a blast playing out of the house and with other kids. It was the perfect amt of kids - just 2 or 3 at a time - so it wasn't overwhelming for him and most of them played with him well. I hesitate to go to places like that b/c of germ exposure but we HAVE to get out of the house at some point. And all places we tend to go (library, park, etc) all have germs. The park isn't really an option these days and Ania disturbs the library with her screaming so we are left with McDonalds. :) We definitely did a lot of hand sanitizer while we were there.
Time to head towards bed. Tomorrow Ania has her Ultrasound and VCUG (ultrasound to check for any anatomical abnormalities of her kidneys, etc. and VCUG to check for reflux from the bladder back up towards the kidneys). Big day for her - starts around noon. Thankfully Aaron will be able to meet us there to help with Isaiah (I don't have anyone to keep him) and I need the emotional support. Pray things turn out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment