We found out that Ania's stool studies were all negative. I missed a call today from her doctor but the lactation consultant called me later and we discussed further action. We are now wondering about a food allergy. Since she is breastfed I will start first cutting out dairy from my diet - no small feat when you start to look at food labels and see how many have some type of dairy in them. However, if it will help Ania it will be SO worth it. I really don't mind the thought of it too much. I am hoping it will help me decrease my caloric intake. It may not though depending on how much stuff I find at EarthFare that is dairy free. :)
Ania has done very well these past few days. She seems to be feeling much better - and seems to improve a little each day. She is finally staying very well hydrated but hates it when she poops and that nastiness is on her bottom - it tends to instantly irritate her skin. But she is the most content and comfortable I have seen her in a VERY long time. Until just this evening she has not given me a hard time about putting her down and just letting her play. She did get fussy tonight and seemed a little uncomfortable but I'm sure it's going to happen every now and then until we figure this out. She did take one of the longest naps she has ever taken today - a great sign that she is feeling more comfortable.
My wonderful friend April came over today to help me get some things done. I had worked a late shift last night and was so tired today - she let me take a long nap while she hung out with the kids. What a great friend! Then we worked on painting cabinet doors. All we got done was primer on one side but we also had to wash them well before we started so that took a while.
We have SO MUCH to get done in this house! We are working on painting the middle level walls, basement level walls, and trim throughout the whole house as well as the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms. Sheesh - HUGE job. We also have some sliding glass doors to replace and a window to replace. It is a bit overwhelming. Okay, so it's REALLY overwhelming. We also have painting, pressure washing and landscaping to be done outside. Hm...one day at a time. :) Thankfully God has given us some wonderful friends that are willing to help. April spent all day over here today and I'm sure will be back soon. We have another friend who is very experienced with all of this stuff and has offered to help. Thank you Lord! We were a little scared we might be on our own trying to get this done. But God always provides. The big challenge right now is keeping up with two very young children while the house is torn apart. Fun times. :)
Okay, well better head to bed. Big day tomorrow of keeping up with kids, dairy free grocery shopping, and probably some painting.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

gates gates gates dear, lol, from one momma of previously little ones to another! It will keep them out of works in progress in the meantime. I think you are most fantastic! I have no idea what I would do without you in my life! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteGreat suggestion! Thanks Jessica. I think you are great too. I love reading about your life on facebook and getting to see you at church. It always brings a smile to my face - which is much needed these days. :) You are in my prayers!
ReplyDelete