Our dog, Sierra, is a 50 lb Siberian Husky. Huskies are funny about training. She is house trained and she will sit and stay and lay down. But when you try to train the they are stubborn. They don't want to follow an order unless they see a reason to. It's kind of funny. So, they are very smart dogs, but don't always show it by following commands. :o) Anyway, she is precious - great personality, takes care of the kids, etc. She often will go check on the baby when she is crying and try to get my attention if she thinks I'm not doing anything about it. Well, last night and today she has just amazed me with her intuition and how smart she is. Last night I was taking her downstairs to her kennel. Aaron has been doing some work on light fixtures down there so the lights won't turn on right now. Well, I couldn't see ANYTHING and some things had been moved around. I ran into the eliptical and was standing there trying to figure out how to get to the garage door. I nonchalantly said "can you see anything down here?" to Sierra who was ahead of me. She turned around, came to me, and led me to the garage door. Seriously. She walked over to me, I put my hand on her, and she led me to the door. I was floored. Smart, sweet dog. Then this morning I had some cookies baking and had forgotten about them. Sierra kept going into the kitchen and I couldn't figure out why. She kept coming over to me and then going into the kitchen (her sign she wants something or wants me to pay attention to something). Well after a minute or so I finally figured out why - the cookies were done and were about to burn. I got them out just in time. Unbelievable. She amazes me.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Genius Dog
Our dog, Sierra, is a 50 lb Siberian Husky. Huskies are funny about training. She is house trained and she will sit and stay and lay down. But when you try to train the they are stubborn. They don't want to follow an order unless they see a reason to. It's kind of funny. So, they are very smart dogs, but don't always show it by following commands. :o) Anyway, she is precious - great personality, takes care of the kids, etc. She often will go check on the baby when she is crying and try to get my attention if she thinks I'm not doing anything about it. Well, last night and today she has just amazed me with her intuition and how smart she is. Last night I was taking her downstairs to her kennel. Aaron has been doing some work on light fixtures down there so the lights won't turn on right now. Well, I couldn't see ANYTHING and some things had been moved around. I ran into the eliptical and was standing there trying to figure out how to get to the garage door. I nonchalantly said "can you see anything down here?" to Sierra who was ahead of me. She turned around, came to me, and led me to the garage door. Seriously. She walked over to me, I put my hand on her, and she led me to the door. I was floored. Smart, sweet dog. Then this morning I had some cookies baking and had forgotten about them. Sierra kept going into the kitchen and I couldn't figure out why. She kept coming over to me and then going into the kitchen (her sign she wants something or wants me to pay attention to something). Well after a minute or so I finally figured out why - the cookies were done and were about to burn. I got them out just in time. Unbelievable. She amazes me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

haha I love it! She sounds like an awesome dog!!!!
ReplyDelete