Ania's appt went well. They decided to treat her for bronchitis. Bacterial infections are a common complication of RSV but her lungs sounded good so they don't think it is a severe as pneumonia. Her urine looked good. They aren't doing a culture though b/c it was a bag urine and not a cath and basically the bag urine is contaminated so it will usually grow something whether it is infected or not. So they gave us an antibiotic that will cover the bronchitis and anything that is in the urine.
We finally got our appt with the Pediatric Urologist - it will be March 8th. Dr. Gill who we saw today said that grade 3 is actually considered kind of bad so there is a bit of a chance it will eventually have to be corrected. But, that will only happen if she hasn't grown out of it by age 5 or if she has 3 UTIs (we've already had one and she is only 6 months so it isn't looking too good for us). :0) Again, I am feeling really overwhelmed - whether I have a right or reason to feel that way - I don't know. I realize other parents have much sicker kids. But I can't help it - it stresses me out. But God is faithful. I do know that. I keep having to rely on that. Thank you Lord that I have YOU!!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

there is no sicker kid, when it is your sicker kid. I am praying for you. I love you.
ReplyDelete